Last updated: March 21, 2020
We know you may have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and what it means for you as a Poparide driver or passenger. As the situation evolves, this page is the best place to learn more about Poparide’s policies on the subject.
Coronavirus in Canada
For up-to-date information on the situation in Canada, we recommend visiting the Government of Canada official website on COVID-19.
For the moment, the Canadian government hasn’t placed any travel restrictions and is recommending for all travellers to:
- stay at home and avoid all non-essential travel
- self-isolate for 14 days after returning from travel outside of Canada
- monitor your health for symptoms such as for fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- wash your hands often for 20 seconds and cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
Travelling on Poparide
Poparide’s service will keep operating until travel restrictions are imposed by the Canadian government.
In the meantime, we recommend to be aware of the ways to prevent the risk of spreading the coronavirus, and follow guidelines set out by the World Health Organization.
The guidelines that we have set for you at Poparide are:
- Only use Poparide for essential travel
- Avoid travelling if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough or difficulty breathing)
- Refrain from travelling if you have recently come back from a trip outside of Canada, and observe the 14 days self-monitoring period as prescribed by the PHAC
- Avoid physical contact like handshakes when greeting Poparide members
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) if you are sneezing or coughing during a trip
- Wash your hands with soap or sanitizer before, during and after a trip and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
Cancellations on Poparide due to coronavirus
If you posted a trip as a driver or booked a ride as a passenger on Poparide and you start feeling unwell, please cancel immediately and we will waive any cancellation penalties on your account and issue you with a full refund*. Simply send a message to our support team to let us know.
If you have concerns about travelling with other members on Poparide, please get in touch and we will deal with cancellations and refunds on a case-by-case basis.
Poparide has a long-standing commitment to maintaining an inclusive and welcoming community, and discrimination against drivers or passengers can lead to account suspension.
If you have any concerns about another member, please contact our support team, we’d be happy to help.
* Please note that if you do not cancel your booking before departure and request a refund after departure, we will only be able to issue you with a refund if your payment hasn’t already been paid out to the driver, which usually happens four days after the trip has completed.