Our pricing system ensures fair ridesharing based on a price per seat of 10-12 cents per kilometre
The Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) estimates the annual cost of driving a car in Canada is around $9,000 a year.
To calculate our price per seat we take into account gas, insurance and maintenance costs; costs we believe should be shared when ridesharing.
We don't take into account the vehicle's depreciation, credit repayments or registration costs as we consider those fixed costs to be outside of the realm of ridesharing.
- Depreciation isn't taken into account for ridesharing.
- Based on average vehicle occupancy rates when ridesharing.
Based on the table above and to accommodate for variations in vehicle mileage and price of gas, we’ve set a maximum ridesharing price per seat of 12¢ per kilometre.
To ensure fair pricing, we cap each trip to a maximum price per seatof 12¢ per kilometre. We round the price up to the nearest dollar.
Drivers can offer a smaller price than the recommended amount to attract more hitchers.
For routes that include vias, we automatically calculate the price for each via segment.
- We calculate a trip's price per km for the overall route based on the price set by the driver.
- We multiply the trip's price per km with the shortest distance between two segments.
- We round up the segment price to the nearest dollar.