Help centre

Driver FAQs

Follow

Comments

4 comments

  • Avatar
    Garrett Y

    What happens if a driver's vehicle is damaged by a rider? Is that insurance provided in your 15% booking fee like AirBnB (who charges 12% and provides $1million insurance coverage)?

  • Avatar
    Support Team

    Hey Garrett,

    You are responsible for your own insurance when using Pop, and we do not currently provide complementary insurance on your trip. We recommend having at least $2M third-party liability insurance.

    More information in our insurance section: https://support.poparide.com/hc/en-us/articles/231453908-Insurance

    Please note Airbnb only started providing $1M host insurance once they had reached critical mass and millions of users. We are still a small startup and are not in the position to financially provide insurance, but would love to in the future!

    Thanks,

    Flo

  • Avatar
    Garrett Y

    I do hope you continue to grow, but your customers should not be responsible for paying unnecessarily high fees to contribute to your growth. And vehicle insurance would be a completely different business anyway.

    My position stands that 15% seems too high, so rideshare groups on Craigslist, Facebook, and Kijiji will come first for me until that fee decreases significantly.

  • Avatar
    Support Team

    Hey Garrett, thanks for the feedback. Our 15% booking fee helps cover three things:

    1) The credit card processing fees when people book through Pop

    2) The payout fees when we transfer money back to drivers

    3) Our operational costs

    Airbnb charge 12% to guests and 3% to hosts, totaling 15%, so we are pretty close :)

Please sign in to leave a comment.