When crossing the border between the US and Canada, we recommend passengers take the following precautions.
Before making a cross-border booking
- Ask the driver if they have a valid passport. If they are a non-citizen, they should also hold a valid visa or permanent residency card.
- Ask the driver if they have a criminal record in the US or Canada, as they might not be allowed to cross the border.
- If the driver does not satisfy the two requirements above, please cancel your booking to avoid any problems at the border.
On the day of the border crossing
- The driver may ask to check your passport and visa documents.
- You can request to verify the driver's passport, driver's license and the car’s insurance documents before entering their vehicle.
- Ensure you do not take any drugs, alcohol, or imported goods with you inside the vehicle. If asked, tell the border agent you met the driver and other passengers through Pop, an online ridesharing platform and you do not know them personally.
- If you have non US / Canadian citizens in the car, you might be asked to go to the immigration office with them to obtain visa waivers.
- In the event of a border emergency, please contact us, we’ll be happy to help.
Tip: remember to let the customs agent know that you met on a rideshare platform called Poparide and have not known one another prior to meeting on the platform.