When crossing the border between the US and Canada, we recommend drivers the following precautions.
Before approving a cross-border booking
- Ask your passengers if they have a valid passport. Make sure passengers who are non-citizens also hold a valid visa or permanent residency card.
- Ask passengers if they have a criminal record in the US or Canada, as they might not be allowed to cross the border.
- If passengers do not satisfy the two requirements above, please don’t approve them on your trip to avoid any problems at the border.
On the day of the border crossing
- Check the border waiting times to avoid any delays.
- Before heading off, take a few minutes to check your passengers’ passports to make sure they have not expired.
- Passengers may request to verify your driver’s license, passport and the car’s insurance documents before entering your vehicle.
- Tell the border agent you met the passengers through Pop, a ridesharing website and you do not know them personally.
- If you have non US / Canadian citizens in your car, you might be asked to go to the immigration office to obtain visa waivers.
In the event of a border emergency, please contact us, we’ll be happy to help.
Tip: Tell the border agent you met on a rideshare platform called Poparide and did not know each other before. Be transparent and tell the truth!